MacArthur Airport is a public airport located on Long Island, Town of Islip, New York. MacArthur Airport covers an area of 1,311 acres (531 ha) containing four runways and two helipads. The Town owns and operates the airport, which serves approximately two million commercial passengers a year, as well as a thriving general aviation sector.
DY provided engineering services for the design of a new Aircraft Rescue Firefighting (ARFF) Facility at Long Island MacArthur Airport (“LIMA”). The new ARRF replaced the aging, undersized existing ARFF currently located immediately north of the Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT).
DY Consultants was responsible for the site/civil design for the proposed ARFF Facility, which included the following:
- Construction Safety and Phasing Plan
- Utility Demolition and Construction Plans
- Utility Profiles
- Pavement Demolition and Construction Plans (areas adjacent to the building and apron to the north of the building)
- Site Electrical/Lighting Plans
- Site Layout Plans, to include security fencing and pavement markings
- Grading and Drainage Plans
- Erosion and Sedimentation Control Plan
- Pavement Cross Sections
- Technical specifications