This Airport Layout Plan (ALP) update involved the development of a typical FAA ALP update for the Lee County Port Authority. The ALP on record needed to be updated to reflect recent improvements as well as a more refined layout for the future parallel runway improvements.
The improvements that were integrated into the drawing set included:
- An updated taxiway system
- Additional terminal area improvements and apron expansion
- An 80-foot shift of future parallel Runway 6R-24L to the southeast
- A new ARFF building location
- A new air traffic control tower location
The drawing set was compiled and generated using the FAA Southern Region ALP checklist as well as FAA Advisory Circular (AC) 150/5300-13 latest version. The initial draft ALP set was completed in 45 days for LCPA review and comment. Comments were then incorporated and the LCPA forwarded the set to the FAA Orlando Airport District Office (ADO) for the review and comment. FAA had minimal comments and the final sets were produced and provided to the LCPA in April 2011.