DY Consultants is working with the PANYNJ to supply them with key individuals in their pursuit of facility improvement at the Moynihan Station location. This individual is responsible for the various tasks and is an integral part of the office staff. The Port Authority of NY/NJ guidelines and regulations governed these projects.
The future Moynihan Station will expand Penn Station into the historic Farley Post Office Building to create a new, sky-lit train terminal, similar in size to that of Grand Central. It will alleviate congestion in the busiest train station in the country – New York Penn Station. More than 550,000 passengers pass through Penn Station on a daily basis.
The focus of the plan for this critical transportation project is to include increased safety and security for all Penn Station passengers, as well as direct access to the Farley Building. Phase 1, which began in June 2012, will include the expansion and enhancement of the 33rd Street Connector between Penn Station and the West End Concourse, the extension and widening of the existing West End Concourse to serve nine of Pennsylvania Station’s eleven platforms, new vertical access points and passenger circulation space; and entrances into the West End Concourse through the 31st and 33rd Street corners of the Farley building. Phase 2 is the construction of the new train hall, which is not currently funded. The final design for Phase 2 will be completed in the first quarter of 2016.
DY’s employee is an integral part of a team that is responsible for:
- Performs general office duties for The Port Authority of NY & NJ
- Payment applications for several Contracts for processing
- Prepares Post Award Contract Changes and Change Orders
- Performs desk audits for net cost and lump sum work
- Prepares partial and final close out documents
- Creates new payment and construction forms for a new contract
- Assists with Meeting Minutes
- Handles all information entered into Wintrak for new contract;
- Assists with weekly reports in CM 13.1